Historic Bedford Buildings & Monuments
1874 Town Hall. 30 South Park ( Squire Place). Three story brick building constructed in the Second Empire Style. It has been renovated and upgraded periodically over the years. In 2005,a small addition was added to make the building handicapped accessible. The building is home to the Town Hall Museum (major collections), library, archives, and general offices of the Historical Society. It is on the National Register of Historic Places since 1974.
1892 Old Baptist Church. The Gothic Revival building has an interior Akron Plan design. This was the second building used by the Baptist congregation of Bedford Ohio. The bell in the tower is older than the building. It was moved from the first church tower. The stone foundation, red brick facade and beautiful stained glass windows make it a familiar landmark at Broadway and South Park St ( Squire Place). The interior sanctuary includes a restored 1912 Moeller Pipe Organ. It is listed on the National Register since 2002.
1832 Hezekiah Dunham House. A brick Georgian mansion built by one of Bedford’s early settlers. The house was restored mainly by volunteer labor in the 1980s to 2000. Furnishings in the house reflect three periods of occupancy; mid 1800s, 1900 and 1950. It is on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984.
1882 Wheeling & Lake Erie Train Depot. A 1920s passenger station is on display inside the historic depot. The depot is owned by the City of Bedford and the Society operates the passenger station exhibit to fulfill the qualifications of the restoration grant used to restore it. The station was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004 as a contributing structure within the Historic Business District